Skippy and Miss Piggy

Skippy and Miss Piggy

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Berry's Plans

My plan is to volunteer: Howler monkeys and Tico kids' environmental camp
Howlers are the large, vocal monkeys that travel the tree tops. Many are maimed or killed when they climb onto the electircal wires. They and/or their orphans are then rescued by a local group. Apparently the group is overwhelmed by the day to day care of the monkeys and has no time for clerical/computer stuff, which I love. (Bobbi has some spread sheets she wants me to bring up to date.) Also, the monkeys are planning a fund raiser with which I can help.
Local kids are treated to summer camp (which is now). Bobbi touted my artist skills to the director (which is based on my wanting to make recycled art out of detritis from the beach. The kids take a weekly trip that is environmental in nature.
The only helpful thing I've done so far is make the bed for some guests who arrived yesterday. Bobbi was trapped in her driveway by a downed electric wire. Guess that isn't my true calling, but it felt good to help. She and Tom had invited us over for a turkey dinner, but with no electricity they couldn't cook it. They had to get ice and fill coolers with frozen goods. They were able to get out when the wire blew away ffom their gate.

No comments:

Post a Comment