Skippy and Miss Piggy

Skippy and Miss Piggy

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

I'm heading down a dangerous path

I'm heading down a dangerous path. That path is sweet. My taste buds have changed dramatically. I mentioned the first time that a drink tasted metallic. Now almost everything tastes metallic and the fuzziness lingers even when I'm not eating. Mints seem to counteract it some. Onions, horseradish, ginger, hot mustard, still taste pretty good. We went to Sweet Life Bakery for breakfast. The smoked salmon with tons of onions was quite delicious. The fruit bowl was refreshing. Andy bought pastries afterwords and I ate a whole raspberry stuffed bread-like pastry. And then half my brownie with nuts and a glass of milk a little while later. My usual cravings are for broccoli with Miracle Whip. Yes, I'm an America girl. Mixed marriages can work. Andy prefers Helmans or Caines. I also am craving protein: hamburger; steak; brisket of beef; but mostly fish, and pickled herring. It's a little like when I was pregnant and had to drag my ass into Buttricks and beg for a hamburger at 8:30 in the morning, After sitting through Plan Weston's Future meetings at 7:30 AM, slumped down in my seat nibbling on saltines. My sense of smell is a little like when I was pregnant also. Andy agreed hto stop cooking bacon, which was so sweet and I know major sacrifice, but it made me nauseated to smell. My first horrible smell experience came after the tonsillectomy I mentioned. My mother cooked wild rice and I couldn't even taste it for another 40 years. So reminds me of a book called History of the Senses. I'll think of the author soon, well respected and PBS even aired a special based on this book. But the woman clearly had never been pregnant. She said that there was no scientific evidence to prove that the sense of smell was affected by the hormones. To hell with science, I know my sense of smell was iseriously affected. Another little something that appears to be increasing are spots on my skin and I seem to be bruising pretty easily. But I learned something major about drawing blood and bruises. Wh used to be told to close our elbow to stop the flow of blood, But that bend is what in fact causes a bruise to form. If you just keep your arm straight and put pressure on the pinpoint hole, no bruise develops. A week ago Sunday I noticed that my hair was starting to really shed about 5 times as much as usual. Since then I have not put a towel to dry it, a comb to untangle it or a clip to contain it. I am now driving to my hair cut by our beloved Gino. I'm sure he can give me a great haircut that will not show the thinning too much. I'm going on Wednesday for a wig fitting. I tried on some a few weeks ago and I was leaning toward a slightly strawberry blonde, But the platinum blonde was so close to my natural color that was pretty appealing also. I have a prescription for a full wig but I also want a little halo of hair bangs and longer hair to be worn in under any hat. I found a Russian hat today with a bunch of really cool pins on it and I'm thinking that the Halo hair should be a dark, punk color. Why not enjoy the change? After a delicious breakfast we stopped at the Poop Pooc, our local pet store. I learned that we had missed an adoption opportunity the week before through great dog rescue of New England. I went online and found Rocco a six-month-old, they called a dad hound, but his snout is not nearly as pointy is a purebred. He is adorable with the shiniest hair you've ever seen. There are two problems, one he's only six months old and any dog has to be at least 1 year-old to be at the chocolate factory. The other requirement is that I want a female so I can train her to use a pee pad when we do go live on a catamaran. Speaking of training, Dexter is about to begin human toilet training again. Could be more challenging with only a one bedroom/bath apartment, because Andy is so adverse to touching anything the cat has use for pooping. It requires removing the training circle and replacing it every time. Back to this dangerous territory, which is weight gain potential. The question is will the steroids and sweets make me fatter or will my decreased appetite stand me in good stead? And salt almost forgot salt. I am craving a lot of salt which is very unusual. I left my haircut session with Gino, for which he did not charge me because he said he didn't know how long my hair would last. That was so sweet and thoughtful and I love the shorter cut. So I thought I'd go to Building 19 and McDonald's. But I passed Wasik's cheese shop and stopped in, spotted hard rye bread and asked for cheese to go with it. Yes, hard and soft, I'll try both and they were both delicious so I bought them. He told me as soon as you leave, I'll have a beer. You're not going to offer me any? No, but we have some wine you can taste. White or red? White seems to suit this cheese best. Sauve. Absolutely delicious and I bought two bottles. If you can believe it they were cheaper than the cheeses. Building 19 is closed which is a disaster I'll tell those stories another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment