Skippy and Miss Piggy

Skippy and Miss Piggy

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Hair trouble

Oddly, I'm not minding my thin hair. I'm rather surprised cause it's one of the first things I thought about when I got my diagnosis.
Gino gave me a darling bob, which many complimented me on, saying I look 10 years younger. Love hearing I looked like shit before.
So much more hair has fallen out that I chopped off another couple of inches. Found I had missed a spot and asked at the Comfort Inn desk to borrow scissors to even out my do.
I felt much more self conscious with The Wig on. Seems like too much hair.
The big annoyance is that the hair on my body remains. I found an inch long specimen on my chin yesterday. And another one on my arm just now. Since I have spent a fortune on electrolysis and lasers to remove all those unwanted hairs, I do regret that they are resisting the chemo drugs.
Speaking of the motel, we stopped in Pennsylvania last night on our way to Cleveland for Christmas. Tracfic, heavy rain and fog made for a stressful first leg. The Inn was perfect. Little gas fireplace in the lobby, perfect mattress, hot water and attentive Dexter. Great night's sleep, couple of passes at the full breakfast bar, Kelly and Michael show and more dozing, before our noon departure. Turns out we only made it halfway yesterday. George and Katie, who started driving to Cleveland this morning, are already an hour and a half ahead of us.
But skies are clear, traffic light and we should make it to Dad's in time for perfect roast beef dinner. We drove in large part to be flexible in case I wasn't up to traveling AND to go visit a potential dog for us to adopt in Virginia.
I did buy Depends for the trip, which did let me relax a little. I nearly needed them on my second waddle to the toilet at our dinner stop.
No worries about hair then.

1 comment:

  1. Losing your hair can certainly be an inconvenience, not to mention an annoyance, in ways that is least expected. It can really be jarring. But at least your character is still keeping up and not letting you down, and I admire you for that. Anyway, thanks for sharing that! All the best to you!

    Byron Brewer @ Knight and Sanders

    ReplyDelete