Skippy and Miss Piggy

Skippy and Miss Piggy

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Bathroom emergency. I keep forgetting to mention one of the side effects of this is diarrhea, about which the oncologist and fellow are surprised. Diarrhea. The protein to attack the Her2 that The Cleveland Clinic did not recommend administering seems to induce more diarrhea then the trials suggested. And I am one of the lucky ones to prove that. The doctors told me I could take up to eight Imodium a day, which is double the dosage recommended on the bottle. So far I haven't used more than four day, but I have now reached that today. 
Now I'm up to five, with my third pitstop at Home Depot in 15 minutes. I'm not sure if I made it all the way to the toilet and won't be until I stand up.
Now what the hell do I do? Pay up and try make it home. Or wait-and-see? So now I'm back in the brand clean car Andy had detailed yesterday .I did make it to the toilet and no one stole my coat out of my abandoned shopping cart. The checkout girl was faster than speeding light in getting me out of there and now I'm hoping to beat both Becky and the little side effect home. Oh God, please let me at least beat the diarrhea home.
Even though I floored it,  I missed this damn light. Oh please, God? Another light!
The best news I have is that the car is still clean. Though my clothes are no longer. And I did beat Becky home. I am freshly showered and recovering in bed, while Becky and Andy unload and park the cars. 
Pill six. 
Maybe the Cleveland Clinic knew something that Dana-Farber and MGH should realize.

No comments:

Post a Comment