Skippy and Miss Piggy

Skippy and Miss Piggy

Monday, November 17, 2014

Then the call came

I've been waiting for a call from the manager of our apartment complex, the new one. Andy and the kids moved all that heavy stuff into the Boston yesterday starting around 11 AM. I was pretty sure Sunday's not move-in day so I did not ask permission. Remember I am aiming at a moving target and racing against the clock to beat the fatigue that is beginning enfold me with her arms. Well I just got the call, but from the wrong manager. The complaint was at the Cape end. First couple of questions were did you move stuff out on Saturday night? Yes. Did you back the truck up against the front door? I don't know I didn't ever see the truck. Did your kids move you again? Yes (there were a few little no-nos they committed four an half years ago when we moved in.) The manager never forgets an infraction of the rules. This time the U-Haul truck was backed up across the walkway to the front door of the building!!!!! I was quite frankly appalled that they would've been so stupid as to drive across the sidewalk and said so to the manager, who's name I will not print, lest given permission. He ended his tirade with you'll be hearing from Jim (the condo owner from whom we rent). Click. After a few beats I called him back. I asked why the tattletale hadn't spoken directly to the kids or come to me to complain. He responded that it's his job to enforce the rules, which had been broken at a time that he could do nothing, which is part of the reason I'm sure he was so irate. Mentioning those few little infractions when we moved in, for which he scolded me then, I told him that I had photographs of 40 infractions by other residents that I had never reported over the years. Send them to me. No. It just makes me feel better every time I think of the times you've gotten mad at me (a couple little things when I was selling real estate and my broker was doing an open house. Her job to contact manager, not mine.) I ranted about sneaky tattletales, about the stupidity of the truck on the sidewalk, the responsibility we have for any repairs required and apologies. (Did I mention, that unbeknownst to me, I let a sink overflow, flooding a few floors below us? The manager's opening shout, after beating on our door, was you're responsible for this! I didn't do it on purpose I said. I know he said.) Andy overheard this conversation from another room and asked me to come tell him about it. I told him the u-Haul had been backed up across the sidewalk to the front door. And he said I know, I backed it up to the front door. So now I'm waiting for the manager at the Boston apartment to call. I plan to apologize.

No comments:

Post a Comment