Skippy and Miss Piggy

Skippy and Miss Piggy

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

One thing I know for sure

Don't begin chemo at the same time you're moving. I do have an Excuse for not hiring movers to just pack up and move everything. The last time I did that we were moving from an 1 bedroom apartment to a 3 bedroom house. I knew I had a big enough house and enough time to sort through everything, so I did no editing before the move. Even the full wastebaskets came. Now we're doing the reverse, moving from a 3 Bedroom place to a 1 bedroom place. And it is about a third the size. Thus the piecemeal move. That and my friend Mark's offer to take truckloads wherever I wanted. Mark's nickname is Andre the Giant, well deserved. He is the hardest working man ever, with the cheeriest, best, can-do attitude. Yesterday, the first two truckloads went to the Treasure Chest, never to be seen by me again. The third truck load, Andy accompanied Mark to Boston give me time to rest. And to bring my car back to the Cape from Boston. Which brings me back to why not to make a move at the same time as having chemo. I napped forever this afternoon so that I can be rested for the women's extension group international dinner at six. I am so happy I went. (I've got to work on my tenses.) But my car got blocked in so I couldn't make an early escape, as planned. So I snuck upstairs and curled up on one of Sandy's guestroom beds until the party broke up. Great night sleep, ready and raring to go, filling trashbags full of stuff to go to the treasure chest, CLICK. Locked myself out of the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment