Skippy and Miss Piggy

Skippy and Miss Piggy

Friday, February 20, 2015

Limp Biscuit

That pretty much describes how I feel right now. I have gone through a million emotions in the last week.
It's hard for me to believe that my dad is really gone. 
He was my Touchstone. 
If I can find it, maybe I'll print what I said at his service. We all learned a lot from the other speakers at the service. One teenage boy, who travelled from out of town over Christmas to see Dad, was sobbing after the service. He touched so many lives in amazing positive ways. 
I really sobbed when I said goodbye to his fiancĂ©e Jane, wondering how she will fill the very huge, new hole in her life. 
I fear that my relationship with my sisters may falter without Dad as the magnet that draws us together. Blake thinks things will go on as usual. 
My double mastectomy is on Monday. The operation seems overwhelming and scary. 
Becky has offered to take care of me at her house, with Andy staying in the guest garage. 
Jane may come later and take care of me for a little while I'm recuperating. 
Ginger has also offered to turn her home into a rehab facility for me. I might laugh too hard and hurt myself though. 
Tomorrow, 3 of George's friends are taking me out to lunch, just to wish me all the best before the slicing and dicing begins. 
Gay traded days to be with Andy in the waiting room at MGH. Anna is taking a day off work to be with me. 
How blessed can any one person be? I am so grateful to my friends and family. 
There is one last message on my phone from Dad, telling me how sorry he is for what I'm going through. It is wonderful to have the key to unlock the floodgates, to hear his concern and love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment