Skippy and Miss Piggy

Skippy and Miss Piggy

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Some amazing thoughts about Dad from his former Secretary


I now live in Minneapolis.  I've been here two years.  
My kids flew the nest, I got divorced and I started over.  I met someone from Minneapolis and jumped at the chance to move with him.  
Your Dad was right.  My ex would never change and would always disappoint me.  Bill was a good friend at a time when I had nobody else to tell my sorry story to.  
He was definitely a man that had a lifetime surrounded by women.  He was just a month younger than my dad so, I found his young mind fascinating.  Up until then, I never though much about aging and what the elderly were thinking.  My Dad was very much a mystery.  Your Dad showed me that people of different generations really aren't that much different.  I loved hearing his stories that he would dictate for me to type.  
He sure did love Betty.  It was very sweet how he cared for her.   She was a gem of a woman.  I remember how much she loved her kitty and her generosity to animal charities.   I was surprised when she wanted two kittens!  They were a handful.   
I'm grateful to have known your parents. Although I spent a short amount of time with them, it was a profoundly positive experience.  
I'm glad I got to see him last year.  Best to you and the rest of the family. 

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment