Skippy and Miss Piggy

Skippy and Miss Piggy

Friday, January 16, 2015

Decision Made

Despite hoping and praying for a No Surgery Option, I will have surgery. Neither my surgeon nor oncologist at MGH knows of any study at Dana Farber with no surgery as an option. Katherine Specht recommended a left breast mastectomy. Weighing all the options she laid out, I decided on a double mastectomy with reconstruction (using sacks of liquid) at the same time. The advantages include fewer surgeries, no skin stretching, with instant "evenness".  Not using my own flesh means I can also use the Proton Laser, which is far more accurate than the Photon Laser, keeping my heart safer. I won't need a bra ever again, unless I change my mind at a later date, when my fat can replace the plastic sacks. If I understood correctly, they may be able to save my nipples. But with no sensation, so what's the point? I'd almost rather have a beautiful tattoo than falsies. I forgot to ask her if she could reshape my earlobes. Darn!

No comments:

Post a Comment