Skippy and Miss Piggy

Skippy and Miss Piggy

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Surf's Up

Update: we lived, saw no tsunami. Details of exciting day later.
Andy took the 5:45 AM call from Jay of Section D to warn Bobbi about the tsunami that might be coming from the 8.8 earthuqake in Chile. Stunned, we groggily considered our options. First I called Bobbi and asked her how she would react to anything Jay from Section D might have to say. She answered that she was trying to reach Meno in San Jose to find out more about the tsunami.
(I love my babies the most in the world. Please never forget that you were the last thoughts I ever had. Didn't really consider calling you at this hour, but did think about calling Dad and Becky. Bambi would be the best shot though).
Hanging up, I asked Andy if we should do it one last time or get out the computer and follow the tsunami. We tossed back and forth many other very important, funny, funny options. Where to meet? Should we wake up Libby or let her die in peace? Would this interfer with the departure of the Olsons? Should I water the plants this morning? Should I go to my 6:30 AM meeting? How far up should we go to avoid the wave? SHould we bring our "documents" with us? Am rumaging through the important stuff bag to get mine before I leave for my meeting.
More later, God willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment