Skippy and Miss Piggy

Skippy and Miss Piggy

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

I'm going out of my fucking mind

. It's going on 4 AM and I still haven't been able to sleep and my arms are so itchy that I want to rip my skin off.
I've taken a lot of pills starting around 8:30, my regular doses including one oxycodone , 2 antihistamines, followed later by a sleeping pill and then one more antihistamine, followed by another and my tranquilizer. I took an oatmeal bath, up to my waist, bent over forward, soaking my arms.
My sleep pattern have been stabilized for years really.  I take an SSRT, which allows me to sleep through the night. Miraculous change, made over 20 years ago. 
If I do have trouble sleeping, I make a point of not checking the time. But somehow I happened to see Andy's electric red clock numerals just a few minutes ago. Knowing the time makes it doubly difficult to fall asleep.
Reading in the middle of the night is usually quite relaxing, allowing me to doze off.
I finished The Art Forger around 11:30 tonight and I am nearly halfway through rereading it. It's about a young woman who is hired to forge a Degas, stolen from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. 
My college major was History of Art and my thesis was about the art of forgery or something like that. I wrote it in my dorm, the Victorian house of Henry Wells, of Wells Fargo fame. Of course, all my research had to take place in the library, where I took notes on 4 x 6 index cards. I then arranged those cards in the order I wanted to discuss my examples. I commandeered the lovely sun room overlooking Lake Cayouga by setting up my Smith Corona manual typewriter on the library table. Then I inserted the main page sheet of white paper, a piece of carbon and a second white page. And typed my thesis directly from those note cards. No drafts, just my final version. 
Any typo in that situation was a real bitch. I even think we had no white out back then. 
And then, just outside the sunroom was a bench with Donna Hakki making out with her future husband, every minute of the day and the night. The thesis was pretty well received and I've always been interested in the technical side of forgery.
I'm boring myself to sleep! Eyelids are getting heavy and I'm yawning.
I guess it's a good sign that itching is now once again my main problem. Now I can hardly wait for my post-op appointment on Thursday, when some of the drains maybe pulled. And maybe my shrunk wrapped reconstructions can be let loose. 
My plan is to tatoo them, not with fake nipples, but with a mermaid's bra. I think I found the artist I want to create the drawing and execute it. He's a Taiwanese guy named Andy Shou. He travels to the United States periodically. 
Good night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment