Skippy and Miss Piggy

Skippy and Miss Piggy

Monday, January 2, 2012

BeachMagic: Earth Friendly Transmogrification

Every day, at sunrise and sunset, Skippy and I walk the beach. He digs, I swim and collect trash.
When we get home, I rinse myself and the trash off.
Then I sort the trash into piles on our round, green plastic table. I've made a work station under our bedroom window, forever in the shade. When not in use, the piles of trash are hidden under my April Cornell tablecloth - very pretty vignette.
Since Andy has been flat on his back in bed, we can chat and laugh while I create things using the trash. So far my tools have consisted of pruning shears, Plackers and candles. I do need tweezers or needle nose pliers - try finding the Tico Word for needle nose pliers.
The goal is to recycle what has been tossed.
If we ever get back to manning the Recycle Booth at the Saturday Farmers' Market, maybe I can sell some of the junk. The money can be used by the committee to good purpose. Or I could make cards from the photos.
Andy has been naming the pieces. He calls the whole entity BeachMagic: Earth Friendly Transmogrification

Marriage Bed
a rubber shoe sole and a sea shell, cupping a piece of coral rising from a cluster of styrofoam bits.

A numbered series of "SeaFlora": flower arrangements in bottle caps, using bits of plastic, straws, unravelled plastic rope, etc.

SeaFlora One









SeaFlora Two









SeaFlora Three











Your Conscience
Coral with eyes of melted plastic and candle wax.

No comments:

Post a Comment